Who to turn to for immediate help
It is important to deal with serious problems as soon as they occur. Here's who to contact.
If you are feeling suicidal, there are people you can talk to who want to help:
- Speak to a friend, family member or someone you trust as they may be able to help you calm down and find some breathing space
- Call the Samaritans 24-hour support service on 116 123
- Go to your nearest accident and emergency (A&E) department and tell the staff how you are feeling
- Contact NHS 111
- Make an urgent appointment to see your GP
Amersham Vale are a local GP surgery based in Suite 5 on the first floor of the Waldron Health Centre, which is just opposite New Cross Station (SE14 6LD).
The Doctors and nursing staff are friendly, knowledgeable and supportive.
A full range of GP services are available, including:
- Sexual Health Services
- Mental Health Services
- Travel Health
- Immunisations (including Meningitis ACQY and MMR)
Any student can register for the first time or change their GP to one at Amersham Vale by visiting the surgery reception at Suite 5 and completing two quick forms. Please also bring some photo ID in order to get full online registration, and access to on-line appointments and repeat prescriptions.
You can also call NHS 111 for non-emergency health advice.