Volunteering is a great way to enhance your time at university, gain new skills, and get involved in the community
You can gain many new skills through volunteering which may include:
- Teamworking, teaching or mentoring
- Communicating with diverse groups of people
- Leadership, organisation and project management
- Knowledge and understanding of local community or global issues
Come and talk to us about finding volunteering opportunities at a volunteering drop-in, everyday 11am-1pm, in the SPACE RHB180/181 or get in touch by email
CEN8 is a non-profit organisation, based at Goldsmiths, that delivers arts, performance arts and multi-media projects to children and young people from 7-18 years.
CEN8 welcomes volunteers, and offers a wide range of projects to get involved in - everything from interacting and helping to facilitate sessions with children and teens, to media and marketing behind the scenes.
Contact them at email@example.com.
Other volunteering opportunities
- Do-It is an internet database of volunteering opportunities and covers the whole UK
- National volunteer centres - find your local centre
- Voluntary Action Lewisham has helpful information and a directory of organisations
- Reach helps skilled volunteers use their experience to contribute to the voluntary sector, allowing them to take on new challenges and make a difference to their community
- V Inspired can advise you on finding volunteering opportunities if you are aged 16 - 25
- Task Squad from V Inspired uses your volunteering record to get you paid work that fits around your current commitments It’s flexible, fun, paid and provides a boost to your CV
- Charity Job is a fantastic portal to find charity, NGO and not-for-profit roles